Unable to call scite.StripShow() function
Byron Hawkins
2012-09-01 17:29:40 UTC
I'm trying to create a simple function in my Startup.lua script that will
allow me to choose among multiple recently copied text strings. The
copy&paste stack is working fine, but when I try to use the strip for
choosing an item in the copy history, I get an error:

/home/b/.scite/Startup.lua:101: attempt to call field 'StripShow' (a nil
value)
Here is my script (just a simple stub to get started):

function chooseBuffer()
if choosingBuffer then
scite.StripShow("")
else
scite.StripShow("!'Choose Buffer:'[bufferIndex](OK)(Cancel)")
end
end
and here is my command in .SciTEUser.properties:

command.name.5.*=Choose Buffer
command.5.*=dostring chooseBuffer()
command.subsystem.5.*=3
command.save.before.5.*=2
command.shortcut.5.*=Alt+Shift+V
I see other references to scite.StripShow here in the group, so it seems to
be working for people. Can someone please help me figure out why it is
completely missing from my environment? Thanks for your help.

Byron
Nicolas Chachereau
2012-09-02 13:03:21 UTC
Do you have the latest version? From your script's path, I guess you're
probably using Linux: SciTE in the repositories for Debian or Ubuntu is
out of date, could be out of date on other distros as well.

I'd build from source, it's not that complicated. (See the README)

However, if your version is up-to-date, somebody else will have to step
in, as I have no idea how to help you.

Regards,
Nicolas
Byron Hawkins