SciTE doesn't read in local code page
zetah
2012-09-28 01:10:57 UTC
Latest SciTE on Windows XP

SciTE displays xHH glyphs instead character in my codepage (which is BTW
CP1251)
zetah
2012-09-28 09:53:12 UTC
Philippe Lhoste
2012-09-28 11:36:22 UTC
Post by zetah
Latest SciTE on Windows XP
SciTE displays xHH glyphs instead character in my codepage (which is BTW CP1251)
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html#Encodings
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html#property-code.page

AFAIK, no automatic detection (useless for source code from various origins, anyway).
--
Philippe Lhoste
-- (near) Paris -- France
zetah
2012-09-28 14:05:37 UTC
Post by zetah
Post by zetah
Latest SciTE on Windows XP
SciTE displays xHH glyphs instead character in my codepage (which is BTW
CP1251)
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html#Encodings
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html#property-code.page
Before posting I tried changing those properties (i.e. character.set=204)
to no effect.
Currently I have (default values?) "code.page=65001" and commented
character.set
Post by zetah
AFAIK, no automatic detection (useless for source code from various origins, anyway).
There is no need for it, as I'm not trying to read foreign code page
Other editors including scintilla based have no such problem, as reading
default user code page should be straightforward on any platform I guess